If you are wondering if you should spend the extra money and are bicycle helmets necessary for your safety, then maybe you should have a look at this article.
Below I have also recommended some great bicycle helmets that can be purchased online for your convenience.
Are Bicycle Helmets Necessary?
Bicycle helmets are very necessary, even if you cycle for pleasure, as a good helmet could save your life in the event of a bad fall or a car hitting you, and let’s face it, anything can happen.
When purchasing a bicycle helmet, safety should be your main concern. They need to be snug to wear and assembled to fit your head. Whether you are shopping for yourself, your youngster, or your toddler, there are bicycle helmets to fit everybody. Bicycle helmets should have stickers inside that certify that they meet the CPSC standards.
There are many different types of bicycle helmets. There also are plenty of other makes of bicycle helmets that are very good. Bicycle helmets should have adequate ventilation.
If they are uncomfortable because of fitting badly or a lack of ventilation, you may not want to wear them and thus, potentially, may be injured. To be properly ventilated cycle helmets should have satisfactory venting at the front and sides.
Since all bicycle helmets sold in the USA after 1999 by law have to meet all the safety standards, there shouldn’t be much difference in the quality between helmets that cost $30 and others that cost $150, besides the aesthetics or look of the helmet.
If buying a bicycle helmet for your child, make sure that it fits snugly. Cycle helmets for toddlers usually have pads inside to fit the child as it grows. For safety make sure all children’s and toddlers’ helmets are fitted by an expert.
In order to get your size, measure your head at eyebrow level, as you do get helmets for large and small heads. Nobody wants to wear a helmet that does not fit properly, and safety has to be a priority.
So if you are still wondering are bicycle helmets necessary, then you would be quite correct in assuming that they are.
Great Bicycle Helmets are available online for a fraction of the cost of buying them at your regular cycling shop. It helps to know your size before you go online to shop, so you know which helmet to order.
This post does contain affiliate links, which means that I will get a small commission if you buy something, but at no extra cost to you.
Recommended Online Bicycle Helmets At Great Prices
- Dial fit offers 100% adjustability for larger or smaller heads
- Side strap adjusters assist with a proper fit
- 20 flow vents keep you cool
- Heat-sealed pads for comfort and durability
- A removable visor provides protection from the elements
The Schwinn Thrasher is an excellent all-around helmet with plenty of ventilation to increase airflow keeping riders cool while an adjustable retention system and superior padding keep the rider comfortable.
- Adult bike helmet with Dual Fit adjustable design
- 21 integrated flow vents to keep the rider cool
- Moisture-wicking pads keep the rider’s head dry
- Easy-to-adjust webbing ensures a comfortable fit
- Built-in visor provides increased shade while riding
- Dial Fit adjustable system adds ease
- 21 flow vents to keep you cool
- Visor offers increased shade while riding
- Easy to adjust webbing for a comfortable fit
- Moisture-wicking pads keep you dry
- Fits head sizes 22 7/8 to 24
- Authentic style and performance, with unmatched value
- Roc Loc 5 Fit System
- Wind tunnel ventilation with 25 vents
- In-mold polycarbonate shell with EPS liner
- Superfit engineering
The Giro Savant is an amazing fit for riders who enjoy great routes at a swift pace. The slim shape combines impressive ventilation thanks to 25 wind tunnel vents and the comfortable convenience of the adjustable Roc Loc 5 fit and stability system. And with the lightweight and durability of in-mold construction, it won’t weigh you down.
Basecamp Specialized Bike Helmet with Safety Light,Adjustable Cycling Helmet Bicycle Helmet with Removable Visor+Portable Backpack for Road&Mountain Men&Women,Youth Protection(BlackWhiteRed-BigLight)
- This mountain bike helmet has CPSC safety standards & is CE certified.
- It uses high-density, durable, and tough PVC & pc, eps foam. This superior integrated molding technology is helpful to decrease the impact forces and protect the rider’s head during a crash.
- This bicycle helmet has a LED backlight in the shape of a diamond, 3 lighting modes – steady, slow flashing, and fast flashing help people behind you to clearly see you.
- Detachable brim visor stylish design.
- 22 integrated flow vents help to keep you cool and aerodynamic.
SUNRIMOON Adult Bike Helmet with Rechargeable USB Light, CPSC Certified Road & Mountain Bicycle Helmet with Magnetic Goggles & Detachable Visor Adjustable Size for Men/Women, 20.87-24 Inches -Navy
- Built-in USB rear light with 9 lighting modes, helps you to be seen at night. The batteries are fast charging and can be fully charged in just 2 hours.
- Made of high-density imported EPS foam and PC material that meets CPSC standards. The integrated structure helps absorb impact and protect the head during a collision.
- The bike helmet is ultra-light, only 288g. It is fit for city riding or complex road and mountain bike cycling.
- Equipped with a detachable visor and magnetic goggles. The visor shield can be moved up and down freely to shade the sun and shield the rain. The goggles can be used as sunglasses. This protects your eyes and face against strong light, wind, and sand.
- Thickened soft and washable helmet pad, lightweight material ensure that your helmet is comfortable however and wherever you ride. The over brow ventilation system pulls cool air in through the front and pushes it through an air-channel matrix to reduce overheating.
- Size can be adjusted. The circumference is 22.44-24.41 Inches (57-62cm), which meets the needs of most cycling riders both men and women.
So as you can see, not only are bicycle helmets necessary, but you can also look really cool wearing one.