Before you look for the best bike computer for you, ask yourself why you need a bike computer in the first place. A bike computer is best if you are an outdoor cyclist.
Most people who love bikes love them because they permit them to be free, to achieve fitness, and to release some of the daily stress.
It’s a lot healthier to get on a bike and go for a ride in the fresh air, than working out on one inside a gym. Of course, with cycling, you only work your legs, back, neck and arm muscles, but you get to breathe clean air and get out of enclosed spaces.
Hence why does any significant biker need a bike computer? Well, just because these tiny devices can maximize the fun and safety of each ride while helping bikers maintain a tally of their performances and fitness level.
When you get onto a bike and go for a ride, you are doing two things – working out your muscles and at the same time working out your cardiovascular system.
Why Is A Bike Computer Useful?
It is great to have a bike computer to give you information like your burnt calories, distance, heart rate and time expended on the bike. In this way, you can track your performance. Today’s top of the line models also come with GPS receivers and MicroSD card slot. These models are great for the off-road bike riders because they allow them to save their favorite routes, always know where they are. They can also save their favorite workouts, load new maps and more.
Tips For Buying a Bike Computer
When buying a bicycle computer you should always go for a model that has enormous buttons and simple menus. Why? Because if you wear gloves you wish to be well placed to operate the device without taking them off. The easy menus come in useful because if you’d like to switch from GPS view to your heart rate monitor, you don’t want to stray your attention from the road for too long.
What Is The Best Bike Computer For You?
Here are a few great deals that you can get online at great prices. If you are interested in taking a closer look at any of the models, simply click on the link or the picture.
- Modern-day, cutting edge wireless bicycle computer complete with an easy-to-read LCD display
- Small size, lightweight, multi-function: Functions as a bicycle speedometer and odometer, measuring both speed, distance and riding time.
- The wireless and waterproof design make it more convenient and durable.
- Please note the slight rattle sound from the device is a normal phenomenon, which results from the design of wireless automatic function.
- The backlight can be set in either green or white.
- Not the best bike computer, but does all your basic functions.
Bike computer, Waterproof Backlit Cycling Computer Speedometer Odometer Touch LCD Computer with Big Screen Back-light (Black)
- This bike computer is a compact size, lightweight, multi-function: Functions as a bicycle speedometer and odometer, measuring both speed, distance and riding time.
- Easy to Use: Mount with a turn, start with a button. Anytime you would like to start it, just press and ride. Scrolling between the display functions with the single button design, no matter which gloves you are wearing
- Waterproof Function: No matter how the weather is, waterproof function of Bike Computer will give you the riding experience without the rainy day resistance
- BIG BACKLIT SCREEN: 1 wired remote button for convenient operation, 1 big backlight screen for easily and clearly reading all riding data especially when in a dimly lit
- This bike computer is suitable for all types of bicycles: mountain biking, road cycling, folding bike, and tandem.
Magellan CY0315SGHNA Cyclo 315hc GPS Cycling Computer with Ant+ Heart Rate Monitor and Speed/Cadence Sensor
- This one is one of the best bike computers you can get. It includes a heart rate monitor and speed/cadence sensor. It is rugged and waterproof to take on any terrain; all have a user-friendly interface in a 3″ color swipe anywhere touchscreen with large control buttons for gloved hands.
- Works with over 130 ANT+ sensors and also records/reads shifting information from Di2 electronic shifting systems with a Di2 Wireless Unit and D-Fly. Info displayed by gear position, number or visually by a chart/graph. Battery status and alerts as well.
- Complete USA road network for audible and turn by turn navigation and Open Street Maps (OSM) crowdsource trail data displaying cycle lanes, cycle tracks and bike shop POIs. Discover new cycle routes and bike trails or record and share your own.
- Custom cycling profiles (up to 6) can be created to show routes specifically designed for your riding equipment, style and sensors attached. For mountain biking profiles the routes suggested will even show what % of the route is on dirt vs. paved roads.
- Input distance or time and Cyclo will provide up to 3 routes for a rider to select. Each route shows elevation gain and difficulty. In a new city or just want to try something new Cyclo’s Surprise Me is perfect for any rider looking for a graded loop.
If you are looking for the best bike computer, you need to research and see what will best suit your needs. The three above are a great starting point and they are really well priced.