Here we are going to look at how to choose a recumbent exercise bike because you can end up wasting a lot of money on the wrong recumbent bike.
Beware of buying a cheap recumbent exercise bike, because you will end up not using it due to the fact that it won’t be comfortable to ride. Cheap recumbent bikes are normally very light and will also swing to the right and left while you are riding, as well as loose screws and fasteners over time. The joints on cheaper models will also start to crack over time.
The Schwinn recumbent fitness bike seems like an excellent choice. Here are some pointers to look for, and I find the Schwinn meets them all. If you want to find out more about the recumbent bikes below, simply click on the link or the picture.
How To Choose A Recumbent Exercise Bike
Make Sure It Is Solid
Schwinn has a hundred years of experience and a history of making quality well-constructed bikes.
- Bluetooth connectivity, syncs with the Schwinn Trainer App and other apps for fitness tracking.
- Sync with free downloadable RideSocial App and see the world as you virtually ride alongside friends in real time.
- 29 programs: 12 profile, 9 heart rate control, 4 custom, 2 fitness test, 1 quick start.
- 25 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options.
- High speed, high inertia drive system with a perimeter weighted flywheel for easy start up and smooth, consistent workouts.
- DualTrack LCD displays, media shelf, in-console speakers with MP3 input port, USB media charging and adjustable fan.
You will need a bike with heavy construction to withstand years of use. Although the bikes are heavy, they are designed to be easy to move around. However, the recumbent does take up a bit more space than the upright or folding model.
Does It Have A Comfortable Seat?
Most recumbent bikes have the advantage over the upright here as the seats are normally built for comfort.
The reclined position of the backrest puts less stress on the seat and extends your weight over a larger area instead of putting all your weight in one small spot, as would happen with the upright.
You can be sure to experience fewer back problems in the long run.
Recumbent seats are normally set on rails so you can adjust the position of the seat to fit your height and this is another bonus that will keep you riding.
Does It Have A Computer?
Boredom is the thing that leaves many exercise bikes in the garage unused.
If the bike has a computer with built-in training programs and ways to adjust the resistance levels of the bike, you will never get bored as you can keep giving yourself new challenges.
- Goal Track capability enables user to set individual exercise goals.
- 20 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options.
- High speed, high inertia drive system for easy start-up and smooth, quiet workouts.
- DualTrack™ 2 LCD screen displays offer increased visibility to programs and goal tracking.
- 22 preset workout programs: 9 profile, 8 heart rate control, 2 fitness test, 1 quick start.
- Seat rail slider system with easy adjust lever customizes the fit for each user.
- Charging USB port to keep phones, tablets or music players at full battery life.
- MP3 input to listen to your favorite playlist through in-console speakers.
Some computers even simulate riding through the countryside or a bike race, which makes your exercise session something to look forward to.
Is The Bike Quiet?
If you are wondering how to choose a recumbent exercise bike, the amount of noise it makes is very important.
If the bike operates quietly, you can listen to music, watch a movie or even read as you pedal. The last thing you want to listen to while you exercise is the sound of clunking chains and other mechanical noises.
The recumbent bikes main selling point is the comfort factor – vertical motion at work. A comfortable ride means that you can spend more time in the saddle which results in further increases in fitness and weight loss.
Schwinn is known for quality and good value with a low to moderate price.
Fortunately, since they sell in large numbers, it’s easy to get a lot of feedback to help the owner to form an opinion on the basis of good and evil that comes out in all these hundreds of reviews. Schwinns, in general, are known for comfortable seating, durability and a good combination of power electronics and easy to use layout and controls.
So keep these points in mind if you were wondering how to choose a recumbent exercise bike.
If you want to rather get an elliptical machine for your home gym, click here.