As the population ages, they recognize that they must remain active if they want to maintain the quality of their lives. This is where recumbent bikes for seniors is a great option.
At the moment the statistics say that 12,9 percent of the population is over the age of 65. By the year 2030, 19 percent of the total population is going to be over the age of 65. As you can see, people are living longer and longer and they need to remain healthy.
Exercise keeps your heart healthy, your muscles strong and has been shown to prevent relapse in cancer victims. Not only does exercise help you to stay healthy into your golden years, but it can also prevent the onset of chronic diseases like heart disease, osteoarthritis, and dementia. This is because Alzheimer’s and vascular dementia are associated with decreased blood flow to the brain.
So the choice is obvious. exercise well into your old age to ward off disease and help your mind to stay sharp.
But Why Recumbent Bikes For Seniors?
Because a lot of older people don’t like going to the gym to workout, a recumbent bike is an excellent alternative to mixing with a group of sweaty individuals.
Recumbent bikes give seniors a low impact cardio workout in the comfort of their own homes. Recumbent bikes are great for older people with back and knee pain.
There are some excellent recumbent bikes for seniors available online from just a couple of hundred dollars to several thousand dollars. It just depends on what you are looking for in your recumbent bike. Whatever bike you choose, just remember this is an investment in your physical and your mental health.
What is the Best Recumbent Bike For Seniors?
Here are some excellent buys and a choice of some of the best recumbent bikes for seniors, and if you want to find out more about them, simply click on the picture or on the link.
- Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike with Pulse.
- Helps you get into shape and exercise comfortably from your own home.
- 8-level magnetic tension control system.
- Weight capacity: 300pounds.
- LCD display that indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, scan, and heart rate monitor.
- The seat slides forward and backward according to the length of your legs, but according to reviews, it works better for shorter people.
- This recumbent bike for seniors is easy to assemble.
- Fast, reliable magnetic 8-level resistance system.
- LCD displays tracks speed, distance, hand pulse, time, and calories burned.
- Fully adjustable tension, seat, and pedal straps.
- Adjustable frame allows you to customize seat-to-pedal distance.
- Dimensions: 46″ L x 32″ W x 19.5″ H.
This comfortable recumbent bike for seniors comes equipped with a heart rate sensor and an LCD screen to monitor your workouts. It also has an adjustable magnetic resistance system, making it easy to adjust your workout level. The supremely cushioned seat and back offer excellent comfort.
To read some more on recumbent bikes for the disabled, click here.