The benefits of a recumbent bike are many. Of all the different types of stationary bicycles on the market, fitness equipment researchers recommend the recumbent exercise bike more than any of the others.
Even you will agree with the researchers, once you have learned the reasons for their conclusions. Medical professionals and fitness experts also agree on the benefits of a recumbent bike as opposed to upright bikes!
The Benefits Of A Recumbent Bike
The first thing you might notice is that recumbent bikes have very comfortable seats.
People of all shapes and sizes will find the seat easy to adjust and comfortable to sit in.
This fact alone helps to get the motivation to exercise, as there is nothing worse than being uncomfortable when you exercise.
There are different types of workout programs for you on most recumbent bikes so that every single part of your body is worked. Having programs also helps to alleviate boredom in your training.
Here is a bike that you may enjoy that won’t break the bank.
- STEP-THROUGH DESIGN – Featuring heavy-duty construction 14-gauge steel tubing with a powder coated finish, the step-through design allows maximum mobility during training for quick mounting and dismounting that is easier for the knees and back.
- EIGHT RESISTANCE LEVELS – This stationary bike uses a magnetic resistance mechanism with 8 levels of resistance. The tension knobs control the difficulty to simulate riding on different terrains and customize your workout according to fitness level!
- EASY-TO-READ COMPUTER SCREEN – The ultra-functional LCD computer screen acts as an odometer and has a sharp panel display that shows time, speed, distance, and calories burned in extra-large numbers for great readability.
- COMFORTABLE PADDED SEAT – The equipment has an ergonomically designed saddle furnished with comfortable high-density foam.
- Contoured foam-covered handles for extra support of the back and arms to help maintain proper form when exercising.
- COUNTERBALANCED PEDALS – Weighted pedals designed to provide maximal foot support while offering ultimate control. This bike is equipped with adjustable foot straps to create the perfect fit for your feet.
Another of those benefits of a recumbent bike is its user-flexibility.
Any person, from a small child to an elderly person can use the recumbent bicycle without any difficulty. Beginners and advanced users can use it as easily as it can be adjusted for all fitness levels.
Obese people will find the recumbent bike a far more comfortable option with less risk of injury through use.
The recumbent bikes can be used by professional sports people or athletes as well, and athletes can use this bike as part of their daily training regimen.
When starting out, increase the resistance of the pedals slowly as you get stronger. Overcoming resistance is considered a sign of high efficiency, and athletes compete against each other in this aspect.
This bike below is a little more expensive than the one above.
- Goal Track capability enables users to set individual exercise goals.
- 22 programs: 9 profile, 8 heart rate control, 2 custom, 2 fitness test & 1 quick start.
- 20 levels of resistance for a wide range of workout intensity options.
- DualTrack LCD displays.
- In-console speakers with an MP3 input port.
You can use the recumbent bike to emulate cycling on flat ground or up a hill. This is a welcome feature for runners as part of their training.
There are normally several programs of practical training for professional bike racers for racing on hilly courses. The recumbent bike not only allows you to exercise the lower parts of the body but also to strengthens the top. You can do a little ‘weightlifting from the seat of the bike in order to achieve this.
So set your level of comfort, and on the days you are feeling energetic, push yourself a little harder. If you are feeling a bit drained, then set the resistance lower, but still, try to get your exercise in.
Another one of the benefits of a recumbent bike is the fact that you can put it where you want it – in front of the TV or in front of a window looking out on your beautiful garden, so you can exercise in the comfort of your own home come rain or shine.
If you want to get out on the road for some adventure, why not try this Mobo Triton Pro Recumbent Trike. Adult Beach Cruiser Tricycle for Women & Men. Petal 3-Wheel Bike