Many people are embracing the idea of creating a home gym with stationary recumbent bikes.
One of the main reasons for this is because of todays modern lifestyles. There is just no time left in the day to go to the gym anymore. It helps to have a stationary recumbent bike at home to work out on when you have a moment or two. Although stationary recumbent bikes cannot provide all over body benefits as some of the other exercise machines do, a stationary bike can go a long way towards maintaining fitness levels.
As soon as you buy a recumbent stationary bike, you and your family can start living a healthy life. The plus side to this is that you will only spend the money once and you have the bike for life, rather than paying monthly gym fees.
A recumbent bike is typically a model that puts the user in a stretch-out position. In other words, a recumbent bike offers an ergonomic design. If you read reviews of the various products, it turns out that recumbent bikes are perfect for people with health problems. Since they have a backrest, a runner who suffers from chest pain or discomfort, for instance, can still use stationary recumbent bikes to get some exercise on.
Stationary recumbent bikes also work well for larger people as the weight of the user is spread over a larger area, and the back is well supported. If you want to try one out, visit your local gym and ask if you can try it out first, before you make the decision to purchase one. At the same time, the trainer can show you exactly how the bike works.
You can also purchase stationary recumbent bikes on Amazon online. The great part about doing this is that you can read other peoples reviews and see if there are any problems with the bike before you buy. Look for as much information as you can and you will discover all the pros and cons of the various machines.
Some Examples of Stationary Recumbent Bikes You Can Buy Online
- This Recumbent stationary bike offers a challenging cardiovascular workout while minimising the stress on your joints and spine.
- Eight-level Magnetic Tension Control System allows you to customise your workout and challenge yourself over time to prevent boredom.
- Large, easy-to-read LCD display indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, and heart rate information.
- The bike measures 22 by 34 by 54 inches (W x H x D) with a 63-pound weight and 300-pound maximum user weight.
- Includes limited three-year manufacturer’s warranty.
The Exerpeutic 900XL Recumbent Bike with Pulse can handle up to 300 pounds of user weight.It also has a wider seat for comfort, magnetic resistance for challenging workouts and hand pulse pads for targeting heart rate zones, all at a very affordable price.
Production Dimensions and Weight
54 inches Length x 22 inches Weight x 34 inches Height; 63 Pounds.
3 Year Limited Warranty
- Dual track two LCD window system allows you to monitor up to 13 different display feedbacks.
- Schwinn Connect goal tracking and data export keep you up to date on reaching your fitness goals.
- 29 programs, 4 user settings and goal tracking are all there to keep you motivated and challenged making this the king of recumbent bikes.
- 25 levels of resistance aligned with a high-speed high inertia perimeter weighted flywheel make every workout smooth and quiet.
- Charging USB port and data exchange.
Plugs into any standard electrical wall outlet on a 110V-120V circuit. 120V 60Hz AC input; 1.5A output. AC power adapter included. 3-speed fan, oversized side-mounted water bottle holder and transport wheels.
Aluminium slider seat rail system. Padded seat bottom with contoured leg area combined with a large vented seat back makes your workout comfortable and cool.
Stationary recumbent bikes come in sizes small, medium and large, depending on the diameter of the wheels.
Try to go for a bike with a comfortable and adjustable seat, as this type of seat is ideal for all users, regardless of their height or physical limitations.