Today cycle computers can do way more than just track the velocity, distance and period of time each ride takes. However, there are certain other features that many of these devices now have included, so let’s take a look at what you can get and how to choose the best exercise bike computer.
Most exercise bike computers can be used with stationary and moving bikes, but check all the stats before you make your purchase.
It displays current, maximum and average speed, total distance, trip distance, elapsed time, a pace arrow and a clock.
It also stops counting if you stop for a red light or a coffee break.
The battery lasts for up to three years.
This bike computer is great for beginners looking at taking their cycling to the next level.
The Best Exercise Bike Computer Should Have The Following:
This is perfect if you’re someone that likes to know exactly what rate their heart is working at whilst they’re out riding.
No longer do you have to carry the additional weight of a pulse rate monitor on your body. Now the PC can do it all for you.
Computers which feature a built-in heart rate monitoring system thus allows for extra space on your handlebars, and yet still provides the user with all this essential info.
If you would like to know exactly what gear you are in when out for a ride then choose one which includes this feature as throughout the ride it will display what gear you are in on the screen in front of you.
This feature enables the rider to see at what speed they’re pedaling at and by having the ability to see this information, a rider is then in a position to choose the right gear which should then prevent them from placing to much strain on their muscles and joints.
The simpler an individual finds it to pedal then the much longer they’re going to be able to ride for.
Try this one for size:
Garmin Edge 830 Sensor Bundle, Performance Touchscreen GPS Cycling/Bike Computer with Mapping, Dynamic Performance Monitoring and Popularity Routing, Includes Speed and Cadence Sensor and HR Monitor
- Dynamic performance monitoring provides insights on your VO2 max, recovery, training load focus, heat and altitude acclimation, nutrition, hydration and more when paired with compatible sensors.
- Cycling safety features include new bike alarm, group messaging and tracking, assistance and compatibility with Varia rearview radar and lights so you can see and be seen (when the device is paired with your compatible smartphone).
- Includes routable Garmin Cycle Map with popularity routing — helps you ride like a local — plus on-device route creation, off-course recalculation and back to start; mountain biking model has integrated Trail forks data.
- Customize with free apps, widgets and data fields from the Connect IQ Store.
- MTB dynamics track jump count, jump distance, hang time, and Grit, a measure of the ride’s difficulty, and Flow, which tracks the smoothness of your descent so you have a score to beat next time.
- Battery life: up to 20 hours with GPS; works with Garmin Charge power pack for up to 40 hours of additional battery life.
If you are somebody who needs to spend rather less time whilst out riding having to press buttons to see certain statistics or features on your device then why don’t you select one which features a split-screen.
These particular models then allow you to see not simply the speed at which you are traveling but also your intonation.
There are even some models which include the option for having the ability to display 4 functions on the screen on your handlebars.
If you are someone that happens to live in an area which is chock-full of numerous altitudes then get a cycle PC which includes this actual feature in the machine.
This permits you to track the altitude at which you are presently traveling and also helps to show you where you have gained or lost altitude across the ride.
So, if you’re looking for an exercise bike computer, take your time and see what is important for you and what features you are looking for in one of these devices.
Wireless Bike Computer, Bicycle Speedometer,Cycling Odometer,Multifunction with Extra Large LCD Backlight Display Waterproof Ys-606c (Black)
- Large screen green backlight design, during day and night, which makes it easier to read.
- Flexible touch, gently touch on the MODE or SET to wake up the backlight screen, Gently press touch button each time, the green back-light gets 6 seconds Temporarily-On mode. Press both buttons at the same time to activate backlight 24 hours Always-On mode.
- Multi-function: Including 22 functions which are easy to use. as a bicycle speedometer and odometer, measuring speed, distance and ride time, etc.
- Suitable for all types of bicycles.
- Secure and convenient bracket for easy installation. Spend less time setting your equipment and more time on the road.
- Suitable for most bicycles 0.98-1.36 Inch handlebar diameter.（Please measure your bicycle handlebar before you order)
- Wireless and waterproof IP64 standard design make it more convenient and durable. You can use this water-resistant bike computer even on the rainy days, just wipe it dry when cycling or finishing your journey.
- Memory Function, this wireless bike computer never loses your previous cycling data after power running out.
- It also can record separate data for 2 Bicycles, especially for the case of having one road bike and one mountain bike.